Adlington House, Bridge Street
West Yorkshire, LS21 1BQ
- Viewing Times:
- Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Call our Sales Team:
- 01943 468 647
Adlington House, Otley is ideally located on the corner of Bridge Street and Mill Lane, within a short walk of the town centre with its range of independent shops and restaurants and with superb views of the River Wharfe.
The development features a select collection of 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury retirement apartments for sale, all with balconies or patios and many with en-suite shower rooms.
All 48 apartments are currently reserved, however please contact our sales team for up to date availability and to join our waiting list, should any apartments become available.
- Beautifully appointed kitchens with fully integrated appliances
- Walk on balconies or patios to all apartments
- En-suite and bathroom with heated towel rails to many apartments
- Slip resistant and level access shower rooms
- Wardrobe with mirrored doors to master bedroom
- Utility cupboards with space for a washer/dryer and in most cases separate storage rooms
- 24-hour emergency call system linked directly to dedicated MHA on site care team
- Audio and visual entry system to main entrance
- Wider doorways and spacious rooms for ease of wheelchair access
- Ample easy reach sockets, light switches and telephone points
- Electric throughout with energy efficient hot water and central heating system
- Elegant table service restaurant
- Beautifully appointed lounge with outdoor patio
- Activities and craft room
- Spa suite
- Hairdressing salon
- Internal mobility scooter store with electric charging facilities
- Fully furnished guest suite with en-suite, television and tea/coffee making facilities
- Lifts to all floors
- Private residents parking
- Complimentary minibus shuttle service (until the development is 85% occupied, when homeowners can then decide to retain the service at cost, or not)
- Landscaped gardens
How to find us
Service and Well-Being Charges
All residents living at Adlington House, Otley contribute to Service and Well-Being Charges. The high level of care, support and services on offer to enhance quality and enjoyment of life are what make Adlington different. These charges are to provide services such as communal cleaning and maintenance, external window cleaning, water and sewage, buildings insurance and estate management. They also enable MHA to have someone on duty 24-hours every day in case of any emergency, working in tandem with a discreet emergency call system installed in each apartment and include the provision of a daily restaurant service which enables homeowners to enjoy a delicious three course meal at a nominal cost of approximately £2.50 per person.
MHA take great pride in providing a very high standard of service including making daily contact with all residents, checking on their well-being and liaising with family and professionals if necessary. They consult with residents on all aspects of the operations of the development and facilitate numerous social events and activities that can be participated in as much or as little as required.
You no longer have to take into consideration the ongoing costs of upkeep and maintenance of your current property, grounds and gardens. As well as owning a modern stylish apartment built to high specification it is also well insulated and cost effective to heat.
Approximate weekly Charges per week
It is important to point out that payment of the Service and Well-Being Charges has to continue even if the apartment is vacant, as it is proportioned between all homeowners in order to maintain the high standard of service.
Care Charges (if required)
Additional care packages can be designed to suit your individual requirements to supplement the Well-being service. All care packages are drawn up in consultation with you, based upon a careful assessment of your needs and are regularly reviewed. Short term illness and recuperation packages can be drawn up where required. Costs are based on the level of need per person and are to be confirmed in the near future.
As you would expect in your own home other household expenditures will remain as the occupier’s responsibility. These typically include:
- Council Tax
- Electricity – which will be metered per apartment
- Contents Insurance
- TV Licence (where applicable)
- Telephone line / broadband rental (where applicable)
Ground rent is the Freeholder's charge for land on which leasehold buildings stand. Because Adlington developments include more communal facilities than in conventional mainstream apartments, such as the lounge, restaurant and commercial kitchen, the hairdressing salon, the guest suite etc. the Freeholder retains a substantial investment in a proportion of the development. These facilities are not saleable as they are retained for the use of all homeowners.
The ground rent applicable is based on the size of the apartment owned as follows:
1 bedroom - £1,000
2 bedroom - £1,500
3 bedroom - £2,000
The ground rent is due annually but can be paid monthly to help with budgeting and will be reviewed every year in line with the Retail Price Index (with a minimum increase of 1% and a maximum of 4%)
It is possible to defer payment of the annual ground rent until vacation of the apartment however this will be subject to interest at a rate of 3% over the Bank of England Base Rate on the outstanding balance.
While the day-to-day maintenance of the buildings and facilities is covered by the Service Charge, which is kept as low as possible to leave homeowners with maximum disposable income, major capital costs and refurbishment are not included in the Service Charge.
It is important that maintenance is kept to the highest standards for all to enjoy, and to cover any major works, a fee of 1/2 % of your sale price for each year of occupation will be levied when you sell your apartment on.
This contingency fund will build up over time so that money is available to pay for major repairs and replacements as they occur e.g. replacement lifts, restaurant catering equipment, the buildings roof and car park etc.
To make your move smooth and stress free we also offer the following with our compliments on every new Adlington purchase.
- A personal clerk service to help with change of address and arranging removals
- An 8-hour handyman service to help put up curtain poles and pictures etc.
- A luxury welcome pack waiting in your apartment
- A meal courtesy of Adlington on your move in day
- A voucher for lunch in the Adlington House restaurant